The Azzurri have an amazing alternative to rope in two worldwide titles in the identical 12 months, as they hope to observe up their Euro triumph with the Nations League trophy. Nonetheless, the wounded Luis Enrique’s aspect may have a factor or two to say about that, as they search for revenge for his or her defeat within the semis of the Euro 2020, by this identical staff.
Ideas for Italy vs Spain
Each Groups to Rating @ 2.00 (1/1)
Italy to Win @ 2.40 (7/5)
Key Stats for Betting
- The Italians are on a 38-game unbeaten run.
- Throughout this stretch, they’d recorded two separate 11-match successful streaks.
- The final this staff misplaced a match-up was again in 2018, in opposition to Portugal.
- The Spaniards had didn’t win six of their former 9 video games.
- Nonetheless, they’d not failed to seek out the again of the web of their final eight straight fixtures.
Italy vs Spain Prediction and Evaluation
The Italians are excessive on confidence after securing the coveted Euro Cup simply three months again. It was positively a tear-jerking second for them, as they redeemed themselves after failing to qualify for the 2018 World Cup.
It was unthinkable for a nation with such proud footballing heritage to overlook out on the World Championships, and below Roberto Mancini, they’re as soon as once more wanting like world-beaters from the previous.
The Azzurri positively do have the sting this Wednesday, as en path to their title within the Euros, they’d booted out this identical opponent – Spain, within the semis.
Furthermore, Mancini’s males are on an excellent and lengthy successful run, whereas La Roja are on a reasonably inconsistent streak currently.
As well as, the reasonably younger squad of Spain may buckle below stress (as they did within the Olympics Gold Medal sport in opposition to Brazil), they usually even have harm issues to cope with.
Possible, anticipate a win for Italy – which will even assist their trigger to go after the 2022 World Cup.
Nonetheless, a clear sheet shouldn’t be assured for the European champions.
They have been totally examined by Enrique’s males within the Euro semis, and on prime of that, the Spaniards have such a free-flowing offense, that slots in objectives at an amazing price nearly in each single one in every of their fixtures.
Italy vs Spain: Head-to-head
- The final time these two locked horns, Italy received through penalties.
- Six of the previous seven encounters had objectives from each groups.
- These two even have one other piece of historical past between them, as Spain had defeated this foe within the 2012 Euro Remaining.
Italy vs Spain
UEFA Nations League – League A – Playoffs
Date: Wednesday, 6 October 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.