Spain vs France
UEFA Nations League Ultimate
Date: Sunday, 10 October 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza (Milan).
Spain and France battle on the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza aka San Siro for the 2020/21 UEFA Nations League trophy. Learn our preview and predictions with the very best ideas right here.
Spain vs France Head-to-head
- Spain received 5 of the final 7 conferences with France with exceptions of a loss and draw.
- The groups final met in a pleasant in 2017 and Spain received the tie 2-0.
- Solely a type of video games noticed each groups scoring and all 7 registered underneath 2.5 targets.
- This would be the first assembly between these two groups in a significant competitors since Xabi Alonso’s double knocked out France on the quarterfinals of the Euro 2012.
Spain vs France Prediction
Two groups are coming to this closing in contrasting type, Spain placed on a assured show of their 2-1 win over Italy. In the meantime France struggled at first however burst into life within the closing half hour to overturn a 2-goal deficit right into a 3-2 win in opposition to Belgium.
The character of the win might do good to Didier Deschamps’ males, whose type has been patchy on the Euro 2020. They managed simply 1 win in four video games earlier than being eradicated in dramatic trend by Switzerland.
The distress continued by means of the final worldwide break once they have been held to 1-1 stalemates by Bosnia and Ukraine. Nevertheless they completed off the spherical with a 2-Zero win over much less efficient attacking unit Finland.
Spain had troubles on their very own too, they have been defeated by Sweden within the first qualifier, elevating doubts if this group might combat in opposition to high quality sides.
The 2 wins in the identical month of September in opposition to Georgia and Kosovo with clear sheets helped the group to get again to confidence they usually don’t have any proved doubters fallacious by beating European Champions Italy at their very own yard, ending their opponents lengthy standing 37 match unbeaten run.
And infrequently any group on this planet proper now can find yourself with a 70% ball possession in opposition to a fair favourite on the day.
We do imagine Spaniards are the higher group right here, although a special end result can’t be dominated out with the likes of Benzema, Pogba and Mbappe on the alternative aspect.
Key Statistics for Betting
- Spain have received three on the bounce since beginning their life after Euros with a 2-1 defeat at Sweden.
- The win in opposition to Belgium is second for France on the bounce earlier than being held to stalemates by average groups like Bosnia & Herzegovina and Ukraine.
- The Les Blues have stored simply 1 clear sheet of their final 7 matches throughout all competitions.
- Spain misplaced simply Three of their 23 matches since soccer restarted in September 2020 after coronavirus lockdown.
- Ferran Torres scored within the final three matches for his nationwide group. The Manchester Metropolis ahead has 6 targets to his identify within the UEFA Nations League